Is the Mansion currently open to the public?
Each business inside the Mansion will open as and when government guidance allows, and the owner of the business is comfortable and prepared to open their business within the guidance for their particular industry.
Access into the Mansion is currently by appointment only – if you are booked on a class please arrive a few minutes early and wait by the front door for your teacher to collect you.
Are the Mansion toilets open to the public?
The Mansion and its facilities including the toilets are only open to those who are visiting a business, or attending a class. For the foreseeable future, we will continue to operate in this way following governmental guidance.
For large outdoor events and at those specific hours/days we will open the toilets for visitors. A regular clean and sanitising touch-point check will be in place for those times.
What have you done to protect visitors and staff?
We have been working hard to implement new safety measures on site, with the following actions in place:
- Entry to the building restricted to those with bookings only, to reduce the number of people visiting the building and using the facilities.
- Reduced class capacities to prevent overcrowding in rooms.
- Our café and bar are running on a takeaway service only, and location altered to prevent customers needing to enter the building as well as staff being equipped with PPE.
- Online Track and Trace register for visitors (information retained for 21 days)
- Hand sanitiser stations located through the building.
- Touch points in circulation spaces and toilets sanitised regularly.
What events are you programming during this time?
We will be making the most of the abundance of space and fresh air we benefit from by starting with outdoor events. This will include farmers markets, antiques and craft fayres, and our street food market, Peckish.
There will also be our programme of regular classes, albeit with reduced capacities and slightly different setups – your class teacher will be able to advise how their particular class will be adjusted.
You can keep an eye on what’s coming up at the Mansion on our What’s On page.
We continue to follow up to date governmental guidelines and rules on safety measures for Covid-19 and will act swiftly to put any new procedures in place.