- This event has passed.
Cushions and Trimmings Improvers Workshop
19 October @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£65
Everybody loves cushions, but often not the prices of them. Here is your chance to learn everything you need to know in a one day workshop to make affordably and exactly to your design. You will learn about how to make your pattern and correctly inserting a Zip and piping to get a super professional look.
Suitable for those who have some basic sewing experience and completed one of our introductory classes perfect as a follow on course that delivers some key skills that will serve you well in any dressmaking soft furnishing projects. Adventurous or Confident Beginner
What you learn:
- Measuring and making patterns
- Insertion of a standard zip/ explain about Using different types of zipper feet
- Automatic buttonholes (if you prefer to make a button hole finish not a Zipper
- Insertion of piped trimmings (Bias corded trimming) and how to Pom Pom!
- Top tips to get a professional finish
What you make: A sample 45cm square cushion Cover with zip or buttonhole finish with a corded insertion and samples of other techniques for REF
All materials including a cushion pad (43cm Square) and factsheets
Call us to book 0203 326 1160 or online www.knowhowyou.co.uk