- This event has passed.
Absolute Beginners Learn to Sew Course
4th November 2019 @ 19:00 - 21:00
One event on 7th November 2019 at 10:00
We teach everything you need to know to be able to confidently start sewing basic projects and do simple dressmaking.
Suitable for those who have never sewn before or have lost confidence and want a sewing booster.
What you learn:
- The basics of threading the machine and winding a bobbin
- Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting essential sewing terms, and stitch information
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances Pinning and marking fabric
- Decorative techniques, using applique
- Basic cushion making/Buttonholes
Completed over 5 weeks. Either every Monday (starting 4th November) at 7pm or every Thursday (starting 7th November) at 10am.