Absolute Beginners One Day Sewing Workshop
9 October @ 10:00 - 16:00
One event on 9th October 2022 at 10:00
One event on 13th November 2022 at 10:00
One event on 11th December 2022 at 10:00
One event on 15th January 2023 at 10:00
- BEGINNERS in the true sense we start at ground zero, by teaching how to thread and use a sewing machine to explain the basic parts and functions.
We aim to have you on the sewing machine within 30 mins of starting the class working on a series of templates and some FUN exercises. In the first part of the day you make a very lovely drawstring bag and moving in the afternoon to create a lovely cushion, honing your sewing skills so you leave feeling ready and confident to sew solo.
- Absolute Beginner
What you learn:
- How to thread a machine correctly
- The sewing machine parts – what they mean and function
- How to sew seams and seam guides, sewing straight lines/finishing edges
- Equipment basics and essentials
What you make:
- A double draw utility bag (recently been renamed as the scrubs bag) and a Cushion
- All materials and equipment
Time: 10am–4pm (sometimes we run over a bit so please be prepared for this) multiple dates to choose from on a regular basis.
Class size: 6