- This event has passed.
Dressmaking Sewing Club for Adults
7th January 2020 @ 10:00 - 12:00£130 – £140
This course is for you if have completed one of our absolute beginners courses or workshops.
We use commercial patterns to get your understanding and knowledge built. Depending on your level we advise on set patterns for new dressmaking beginners. In the past we have completed our popular Utility dress Zoe from Simple Sew patterns learning the basics of making from a commercial pattern, Tilly and the Buttons beginners patterns and other indie pattern companies.
Skill Level: // You must have basic sewing knowledge to attend these classes* //
• Adventurous Beginner
• Confident Beginner
What you learn:
• Understanding and using patterns
• Industry terminology and guidance from the expert teachers
• Fabrics and Preparation
• Sewing techniques and skills
What you make:
Garment of your choice (see description)
• Equipment and machines (you can bring your own machine of course!)
• Patterns if this is your first Dressmaking class we suggest using one of our choices (when you book we will send you this information) however you can bring along your own work and projects to these course, as long as you have discussed and agreed this with the teacher, who will check if your project will fit in with the terms lesson and learning plans (Get in touch before you start)
Small class size
6 -8 per class
* ASK OUR ADVICE before booking to ensure you have the right experience to start Dressmaking
Classes run over 5 weeks or 4 weeks and sessions are either 2- 2.5 hours per week.
- Course commences Tuesday 7th Jan 10am – 12pm
- Course commences Weds 8th Jan 10am – 12pm
- Course commences Weds 8th Jan 7pm – 9pm