- This event has passed.
Eco Necklaces Workshop
9th September 2020 @ 18:00 - 19:30£25
Quarter moon and twisted eights necklaces workshops
In this workshop, you will learn how to make two gorgeous macrame eco necklaces.
Duration: 1 and a half Hours.
Date and Time: 9th September 2020 at 6 pm
You will learn:
- 3 decorative macrame knots while making 2 beautiful necklaces
- All about ecological macrame cords or materials and where to get them.
- A bit of the story of macrame and our values, mission and vision.
- You will take a set of instructions with you.
So, you can keep on practising having fun with macrame, you will get a free E-book sent to you after the workshop on how to make the 5 basic macrame knots.
We will provide:
- 7 different colours of recycled cotton braided cord for you to choose from
- A ruler to measure your cords of choice.
- A pair of scissors per person (not to take with you)
- A step by step instructions pack to follow to comply with Covid-19 regulations.
Covid-19 procedures and regulations:
- We ask you to wear a reusable face mask to comply with current regulations.
- You will need to use hand sanitiser on entry, wash hands using facilities and practice social distancing.
- You will have a table each and a chair and all materials will be provided, as well as hand sanitiser.
- You will have to sign up to the track and trace that Beckenham Place Mansion have in place.
Before the workshop I will contact you, so you can choose the 2 colour cords you would like to work with on the day, so your workstation will be ready on arrival.
We will start with a quick attendants’ introduction, then I shall introduce myself and just after we will start working in our necklaces.
We will start with the Quarter Moon Necklace and, as well as me doing it on site for you to see and follow the instructions, you will be provided with a printed set of instructions (so you can easily follow and take home with you).
After that, we will be doing the Twisted Eight necklace, and we will learn about mirroring knots and sliding wrapping knots when you make macrame jewellery.
After that, you will be provided a small recycled paper box for you to store your necklaces or you could put them on if you prefer.