- This event has passed.
Fiction-writing with Annie Lyons
10th January 2020 @ 10:30 - 12:30£159
A six-week intermediate writing course run by Annie Lyons, best-selling author of five novels including Not Quite Perfect and The Choir on Hope Street.
Who this course is aimed at:
- People who have completed the ‘Introduction to Creative Writing’ course and want to learn more
- People who have some writing experience and want to improve and develop their existing skills
- People who want to write or who are working on a novel and would like guidance and support
What the course will cover:
- Getting started: Finding that brilliant idea, considering genres, how to research and writing strong beginnings
- Structure, planning and plotting
- Place and setting
- Character, voice and viewpoint
- The ‘flabby middle’: how to keep going and keep it interesting
- The end: Finishing, editing and revising. Motivation and making it as good as possible
- The publishing process. Writing a synopsis and pitching to agents or exploring other avenues
Cost: £159. Limited spaces available.
A £25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a place. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book.
- Every Friday starting on 10th January, for 6 weeks. 10:30 to 12:30.
Testimonials from previous course participants:
‘I’ve discover an absolute love for writing; this course has been so enjoyable. Thank you!’
This is the second of Annie’s courses I have done and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Again, she has given me the tools and the confidence to write!’
‘Annie created a warm, supportive class with really useful lessons and feedback that kick-started my creativity.’