- This event has passed.
Kids Arty Days Around the World Course
14 January @ 16:15 - 17:45£90
This fun course is designed to support all to develop and discover a wide range of art skills. Through drawing, painting and sculpture, students will be inspired by the work of individual artists, art styles and techniques past and present from all cultures around the world.
Each term, students can expect to take home a selection of finished work; from framed carvings & wire and clay sculpture (which will be glazed or framed as appropriate) to painting and collage pieces. Ready to display or gift to friends and proud family!
Every student will also be given their own sketchbook to work in.
Our ‘treasure hunt suggestions’ will offer parents the chance to follow up with what is happening online and in art galleries and exhibitions for our super enthusiastic members to extend their art world.
Wear old clothes & bring an apron if desired.
What you learn:
- Develop practical art skills
- Explore artists & ideas
- Discuss & grow in confidence to consider & communicate opinions respectfully, in a group setting.
Term 1 sneak preview:
- Art from Italy, France, Switzerland, USA, Africa and Australia & the UK.
- Indigenous Art with glimpses across 19th, 20th and 21st Century.
- Wire sculpture, scraffito carving, collage & printing, drawing, painting impressionist flowers & figurative sculpture
What you make:
- Your own sketchbook to collect your work & ideas in
- Impressionist canvas
- Framed Ceramic Sculpture
- Framed carving
- Wire sculpture
- All Materials
- £90 (all materials included)
- Small classes, run by an experienced, qualified art teach Marina Beard, a artist in residence at The Mansion.
- KHY Sewing School, The Mansion Beckenham Place Park
- Eventbrite or email email@example.com