- This event has passed.
Learn to Sew Course – Absolute Beginners
28 April @ 19:00 - 21:00
One event on 29th April 2022 at 10:00
One event on 9th May 2022 at 10:00
One event on 11th June 2022 at 10:00
One event on 10th September 2022 at 14:30
We teach everything you need to know to be able to confidently sew basic projects and complete simple dressmaking.
Skill Level: Beginner
Suitable for those who have never sewn before or have lost confidence and want a sewing booster.
What you learn:
- The basics of threading the machine and winding a bobbin
- Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting essential sewing terms, and stitch information
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances Pinning and marking fabric
- Decorative techniques, using applique
- Basic cushion making/Buttonhole and zip insertion
During the course we make a number of projects:
- drawstring bag
- fully lined (bagged out) toiletry bag
We Provide: All materials
Cost: £160. Choice of 3, 4 or 5 weeks refer to website booking schedule for exact dates and times – various daytime, evening or weekend sessions available.