- This event has passed.
Macrame Dog Leash
15 October @ 18:00 - 19:30
In this workshop, you will learn how to make a handmade dog leash of either 1 metre or 1.5 metres with a unique cord of 20 or 25 metres.
Duration: 1 and a half hours
Date and Time: Thursday 15th October 2020 at 6 pm
You will learn:
- 2 decorative macrame knots while making a beautiful and sturdy dog leash for your dog
- All about ecological macrame cords or materials and where to get them.
- A bit of the story of macrame and our values, mission and vision.
So you can keep on practising having fun with macrame, you will get a free E-book sent to you via email after the workshop on how to make the 5 basic macrame knots.
We will provide:
- 7 different colours of recycled cotton braided cord for you to choose from
- A heavy duty rust proof hook
- A pair of scissors per person (not to take with you)
Covid-19 procedures and regulations:
- We ask you to wear a reusable face mask to comply with current regulations.
- You will need to use hand sanitiser on entry, wash hands using facilities and practice social distancing.
- You will have a table each and a chair and all materials will be provided, as well as hand sanitiser.
- You will have to sign up to the track and trace that Beckenham Place Mansion have in place.
Before the workshop I will contact you, so you can choose 1 of the colour cords available so your workstation will be ready on arrival. We will start with a quick attendants’ introduction, then I shall introduce myself, my values, vision and mission and just after we will start working on our dog leashes.
We will start by attaching the 25-metre cord to our hook, and then we will start working along to add the centimetres to our leash. Once we have reached the length we would like for our leash, we will work on the handle. After that, you will be provided a small recycled paper bag for you to store your dog leash. And you are ready to go.