- This event has passed.
Macrame Wall Plant Hanger
8 October @ 18:00 - 19:30
Exclusively designed wall plant hanger workshop
In this workshop, you will learn how to make a beautiful Wall Plant Hanger exclusively designed for Beckenham Place Mansion’s workshops.
Duration: 1 and a half Hours
Date and Time: 8th October 2020 at 6 pm
You will learn:
- 3 classic macrame knots while making this classic and beautiful plant hanger.
- All about ecological macrame cords or materials and where to get them.
- A bit of the story of macrame and our values, mission and vision.
- You will take a set of instructions with you.
So, you can keep on practising having fun with macrame, you will get a free E-book sent to you after the workshop on how to make the 5 basic macrame knots.
We will provide:
- 10 different colours of recycled cotton braided cord for you to choose from
- A pair of scissors per person (not to take with you).
- A step by step instructions pack, to comply with Covid-19 regulations.
Covid-19 procedures and regulations:
- We ask you to wear a reusable face mask to comply with current regulations.
- You will need to use hand sanitiser on entry, wash hands using facilities and practice social distancing.
- You will have a table each and a chair and all materials will be provided, as well as hand sanitiser.
- You will have to sign up to the track and trace that Beckenham Place Mansion have in place.
Before the workshop I will contact you, so you can choose the colour cord you would like to work with on the day, so your workstation will be ready on arrival.
We will start with a quick attendants’ introduction, then I shall introduce myself and right after that, we will start working in our plant hanger.
We will start with the top half of the wall hanging piece, attaching the cords to the branch and start creating the design.
Once the top half has been finished we will work on creating the basket for your plant pot, and then to finish our creation, we will learn how to create a gathering knot to close the small macrame basket for your plant pot.
After that, you will be provided a small, recycled paper bag for you to store your plant hanger.