- This event has passed.
Secrets of Singing: Solo Singer Workshop
22 July @ 14:00 - 19:00£68
This friendly and positive workshop is suitable for all adult singers who would like to develop their singing further.
Join award winning soprano Susan Parkes as you discover:
- Detailed breathing for singing and how to improve your vocal stamina
- How to keep your voice healthy (introduction to vocal anatomy and SOVT exercises)
- Loose the physical tension; gain your sung power
- Vocal resonance
- Body alignment
- Performance anxiety
- Acting through song and the emotional journey of the music
- Singing in foreign languages
- There will also be an opportunity to apply to sing in the solo masterclass with a professional pianist, at the end of the workshop, and have a chance to perform in front of a supportive audience.
Buy tickets for this event:
More information about the workshop leader, Susan Parkes:
Award winning soprano Susan Parkes held a scholarship at Royal College of Music for both undergraduate and postgraduate opera studies. She made her BBC Proms solo debut with Karl Jenkin’s “Armed Man’s Mass for Peace” which she later recorded for Virgin Records reaching no 1 in the classical charts. Her many solo opera roles span from Contessa, Donna Anna, Fiordiligi, Leonore, Santuzza, Mimi, Micheala and Cio Cio San to premiering newly composed contemporary opera works especially written for her voice. Highlight performances include Sadler’s Wells, Royal Opera House (Lindbury) Royal Albert Hall, Salzburg Festival and tours in Italy, Africa and Australia. She won “Best Female Voice” at the 12th Umberto Giordano International Opera Competition held in Italy televised by Rai Due. Other sung broadcasts include BBC Radio, Hollywood films, west end plays, giving vocal masterclasses, choral conducting and guest lecturing at Oxford University for CASI. During lockdown, as part of the Royal Albert Hall’s “Royal Albert Home” live-streamed solo concert series, she wrote and sang “Opera for kids; Amazing Arias!” which has received 14,000 views on Youtube.