- This event has passed.
So Last Century Vintage Market at the Mansion
31st August 2020 @ 10:00 - 17:00Free
At long last, we’re delighted to say that So Last Century is returning once again to Beckenham Place Mansion this summer!
On the day there’ll be a stunning, hand picked selection of 30+ of the best vintage traders indoors and outside. Expect to find mid-century decor, lighting, furniture, homeware, vintage posters, prints, antique maps and charts, brocante, salvage, fashion, accessories and much more.
There’ll be delicious street food outside, including gorgeous wood-fired pizza by Van Dough, mouthwatering bao buns and noodles by You Bao, delicious burritos, tacos and quesadillas by Route 66, tasty sausage baguettes by Camper, plus excellent coffee by Beats & Grind and amazing brownies by Slate ‘n’ Crumb. There’ll be an ice cream trike, as well!
There’ll be great music too! We’re very excited to welcome The Alvar Treefrogs, a 6-piece band playing their own unique blend of New Orleans sounds! They’ll be playing out on the grass around lunchtime – make sure you catch them!
If the weather is kind, the resident artists may also be setting up an outdoor open studio where you can see their amazing work, some of which will be available to buy, and chat with the artists.
So come along on the last Bank Holiday Monday of the year to find an abundance of vintage things to buy, and explore and enjoy the beautiful park while you’re there!
Step-free entrances to Ground Floor rooms only, with level access throughout. Dogs welcome.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Safety
The safety and well-being of visitors and our traders is our utmost priority. These are the principal measures we will have in place on the day:
- Face coverings must be worn inside the Mansion. We advise wearing one also whilst browsing the stalls outside.
- A one-way system will be in operation indoors.
- Stalls indoors and and outdoors will spaced further apart than usual.
- Contactless payments encouraged whenever possible
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place at the main entrance, and elsewhere indoors and outside the building.
- Toilets and high-frequency touch points sanitised regularly by Mansion cleaning staff..
- Monitoring numbers of people entering and leaving the building, to allow social-distancing and prevent overcrowding.
- The Mansion has a Contact Tracing system in operation. We strongly encourage you register your visit by using your phone to scan the QR codes displayed around the building.
The Mansion’s Covid-19 measures can be found here.
We strongly recommend using public transport and/or walking, or cycling, to the market if possible.
Beckenham Hill Station – 8mins walk
Beckenham Junction Station – 15mins
Ravensbourne Station – 15mins
New Beckenham Station – 19mins
Bus – 54, 354, 320, 227, 367, 181
The new car park has limited spaces. It is no longer permitted to park along the carriageway access road to the Mansion. If you do prefer to arrive by car we advise avoiding the busiest period (11am-2pm). Note that vehicle entry is only via the Beckenham Hill Road entrance ( Sat Nav: BR3 1SY), opposite the Church of St Augustine. If your GPS takes you elsewhere, try SE6 3PU instead, or use ///follow.skinny.fade
There is on-street parking close to the Downham entrance on Old Bromley Road (Sat Nav: BR1 4LE), or near to Ravensbourne Station, (Sat Nav: BR3 5HE). Please respect local residents, and park considerately. The Mansion is an enjoyable 15 minute stroll across the Park from both entrances.. Beware of parking on single yellow lines on Bank Holidays; this may not be the same as Sundays.
The nearest cashpoint is at Waitrose near Beckenham Junction Station, a 15 minute walk away.